Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2009

New Book Buzz at the BookExpo Convention

BookExpo Convention is the publishing industry's annual convention and a time where buzz begins to build around certain new works. Motoko Rich at The New York Times has a round-up of book titles getting talked-up at this year's BookExpo.

Most intriguing quote from the NYT: Geoffrey Jennings, an independent bookseller at Rainy Day Books in Fairway, Kansas, on Down Around Midnight by Robert Sabbag, "a memoir about a plane crash that [Sabbag] survived 30 years ago, and its aftermath. “I am abrasive and jaded and I have read lots of things,” Mr. Jennings said on the floor of the exhibition hall. “I was reading the book at night and my wife came down and I said ‘there is nothing you could say or do – in fact you could not even pay me – to stop reading this book.’”




No comments:

Post a Comment